Posting # 52545 - [ Non-Union ]
Pharmacy Operations Specialist, Pharmacy Services
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
This is a temporary full-time position, with primary responsibilities at St. Joseph's Hospital, expected to extend until August 9, 2024, subject to the availability of work.
Reporting to the site Coordinator, Pharmacy Services, the Pharmacy Operations Specialist supervises service delivery related to medication distribution. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, scheduling and monitoring of pharmacy technician staff, training and orientation, ongoing certification to meet industry standards and regulatory college standards, fulfilling the role of departmental non-sterile and/or sterile compounding supervisor, and continuous process improvement and quality assurance. The role requires participation in human resource functions, including support of recruitment and performance development. The successful candidate will work closely with the respective Coordinator to prepare regular submissions reporting workload and financial data to support adherence to the operational budgets approved for Pharmacy Services.
- Diploma from a recognized Pharmacy Assistant/Technician community college program
- Valid registration with the College of Pharmacists of Ontario as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Five (5) years of relevant pharmacy experience within the last seven (7) years
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role with an understanding of management principles
- Involvement with project and resource management in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated initiative and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Exceptional people skills with strong customer service focus
- Effective facilitation, negotiation, coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Teams, Word, Excel)
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Knowledge of LEAN principles and best practices as it relates to drug distribution systems
- Knowledge and certification in sterile and/or nonsterile compounding procedures
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 09, 2024
Submission deadline: February 15, 2024
Wade Baillie, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.