Posting # 52530 - [ OPSEU Paramed ]
Dietitian, Food & Nutrition Services - Allied Health - Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care Building
- 1 position
Food & Nutrition Services - Allied Health - Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care Building
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary Full-time position, anticipated to extend until June 17, 2024, subject to the availability of work.
Note: This position is currently assigned to Parkwood Institute Mental Healthcare building.
We are an integrated team that provides food and nutrition services to our patients and residents at all sites of St. Joseph's Health Care London. We accomplish this through the procurement, storage, preparation and distribution of safe, high quality food choices in a cost effective way. Our ultimate goal is to earn complete confidence by providing excellent customer service to ensure a pleasant dining experience and therefore maintain and improve nutritional health and quality of life. Our departments operate within varying shifts from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, seven days a week.
We value teamwork and respect the contribution of all team members. Training and education opportunities are provided. We value excellence and strive to continually improve our services, food quality and safety. We take pride being an employer of choice in the food service industry.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
The Dietitian will be responsible for assessment, planning/implementation and ongoing evaluation of nutritional care and education in a mental health care setting. Skills in individual and group nutrition counselling will facilitate provision of client-focused nutritional care. The successful candidate will work as a member of the interdisciplinary team and as a clinical nutrition resource to the team.
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Membership with Dietitians of Canada
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing nutritional care plans
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with an interdisciplinary team, patients and/or residents
- Recent experience in providing nutritional care in a mental health care setting and experience in the management of chronic illness
- Experience providing geriatric nutrition as well as experience with diabetic and hyperlipidemia patients
- Knowledge of community nutrition resources available to clients and their families
- Demonstrated effective communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated expertise in critical thinking and clinical problem-solving skills
- Self-directed, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in the use of Outlook and other Microsoft Applications
- Proficiency in the use of OneChart and CBORD software
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 08, 2024
Submission deadline: February 14, 2024
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.