Posting # 52529 - [ Non-Union ]
Food Services Specialist (Supervisor), Food & Nutrition Services - St. Joseph's Health Care London
- 1 position
Food & Nutrition Services - St. Joseph's Health Care London
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
We are an integrated team that provides food and nutrition services to our patients and residents at all sites of St. Joseph's Health Care London. We accomplish this through the procurement, storage, preparation and distribution of safe, high quality food choices in a cost-effective way. Our ultimate goal is to earn complete confidence by providing excellent customer service to ensure a pleasant dining experience and therefore maintain and improve nutritional health and quality of life. Our departments operate within varying shifts from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, seven days a week.
We value teamwork and respect the contribution of all team members. Training and education opportunities are provided. We value excellence and strive to continually improve our services, food quality and safety. We take pride being an employer of choice in the food service industry.
The Food Service Specialist (Supervisor) is responsible for the day to day operations of the Food and Nutrition Services Department. The Food Service Specialist (Supervisor) ensures: the best food safety practices are followed; the accuracy of diets, trays and meal delivery; and ensures high quality food and service is provided to patients and residents. They are also responsible for supervising, supporting and scheduling unionized staff. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills and will be resident/patient focused in their role as a supervisor.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Successful graduate of a recognized Bachelor of Science in Food & Nutrition program or recognized Diploma in Nutrition and Food Services Management or a related nutrition program
- Current membership with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (C.S.N.M.) or be eligible and provide proof of membership within 6 months of hire
- Familiarity with therapeutic diet modification for clients and patients in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Strong working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Standards required to maintain a safe working environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to provide proactive customer service
- Knowledge of computer use for the purposes of word processing and spreadsheet development
- Ability to work in a busy environment with minimal supervision and as a team member
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to sustain consistent bending, standing, walking, and lifting up to 28 kg
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Strong understanding of the LTC Standards Act and RAI-MDS
- Previous food service experience
- Experience using CBORD
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent Food and Nutrition administration and or supervisory experience
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 08, 2024
Submission deadline: February 14, 2024
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.