Posting # 52526 - [ UNIFOR ]
Storekeeper, Food & Nutrition Services - Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care
- 1 position
Food & Nutrition Services - Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary Full - time position, anticipated to extend until August 21, 2025, subject to the availability of work.
We are an integrated team that provides food and nutrition services to our patients and residents at all sites of St. Joseph's Health Care London. We accomplish this through the procurement, storage, preparation and distribution of safe, high quality food choices in a cost effective way. Our ultimate goal is to earn complete confidence by providing excellent customer service to ensure a pleasant dining experience and therefore maintain and improve nutritional health and quality of life. Our departments operate within varying shifts from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, seven days a week.
We value teamwork and respect the contribution of all team members. Training and education opportunities are provided. We value excellence and strive to continually improve our services, food quality and safety. We take pride being an employer of choice in the food service industry.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
The Storekeeper is responsible for receiving, maintaining and controlling Food and Nutrition Services inventories; monitoring refrigerator and freezer temperatures and maintaining acceptable and safe food handling standards.
- Ontario Secondary School diploma or recognized equivalent in Ontario
- Safe Food Handlers certification, or ability to obtain certification within six (6) months of hire
- Successful completion of Food Service Worker Certificate or currently enrolled in the Food Service Worker Program
- A police record check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
- Knowledge of institutional food service, therapeutic diets and safe food handling
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills particularly with Windows and email/scheduler programs
- Ability to read and write English
- Health and physical condition with constant bending, standing, walking, and lifting up to 28 kg
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a busy environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team player
- Customer focused with the ability to meet the needs of both internal and external customers
- General understanding of computerized inventory systems
- Familiarity with pull and prep sheets
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Previous food service experience
- Previous experience with CBORD
- Ability to operate a power lift and pump truck
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received three doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 08, 2024
Submission deadline: February 14, 2024
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.