Posting # 52525 - [ Non-Union ]
Research Assistant, Lawson Health Research Institute
- 1 position
Lawson Health Research Institute
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
Temporary Casual Part Time
Temporary Casual Part Time position until approximately 13 February 2025, (with potential for renewal), subject to the availability of work.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of Dr. Cheryl Forchuk in the role of the “Research Assistant”. The position will assist the Department of Mental Health Nursing to perform data collection and data entry for various funded research projects as a member of the research team. Data collection will include one-on-one interviews and focus groups. The position will involve training and some traveling. Additional tasks include, but are not limited to, taking minutes at meetings; focus group preparation and transcription; literature searches; article filing; and general office duties. Some clerical work may also be involved. The Research Assistant will report to the Research Coordinator and Principal Investigator.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field;
- Proficient with computer skills and applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and data entry systems
- Demonstrated interviewing skills, and previous experience using clinical evaluation instruments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to a changing work environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, develop and maintain effective relationships within healthcare teams
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Good judgement, initiative, tact and professional attitude in the workplace
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy when completing tasks
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
Teaching and Research
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at SJHC
- Experience in adult education and clinical skills in the areas of general and psychiatric nursing theory and practice considered an asset
- Previous crisis training (i.e., Mental Health First Aid)
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph’s, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 08, 2024
Submission deadline: February 14, 2024
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.