Posting # 52524 - [ Non-Union ]
Research Coordinator, Lawson Health Research Institute
- 1 position
Lawson Health Research Institute
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
Temporary Casual Part Time
Temporary Casual Part-Time position until approximately 13 February 2025, (with potential for renewal), subject to the availability of work.
The successful candidate will work under the direction of Dr. Forchuk in the role of the “Research Coordinator”. This position will assist the Department of Mental Health Nursing in the conduct of research studies under the Principal Investigator. Responsibilities include managing the daily operations of research projects from study set-up to closeout; budget management; invoice preparation; ensuring accurate collection of, and properly secured data; quantitative data analysis; and general office duties and administrative support. Preparation and updating CIHR CVs; research proposals; research ethics board applications and revisions; grant applications; manuscripts and submission of project abstracts is also required. Other responsibilities include coordinating meetings, preparing agendas, recording and distributing minutes, arranging room bookings and catering, and ensuring staffing support.
This role liaises with patients, research staff, and external stakeholders in the conduct of research studies while ensuring compliance with the research study protocols, research policies and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field
- Demonstrated advanced interpersonal, supervisory, organizational and planning, communication, and conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, develop and maintain effective relationships within healthcare teams
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to a changing work environment. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience in the preparation and management of budgets; Incumbent must have strong math and analytical skills
- Experience conducting and reporting quantitative data analysis;
- Ability to communicate effectively general and scientific information both verbally and in writing at all levels
- Proficient with computer skills and applications including SPSS, Microsoft Word, Excel, data entry systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated thoroughness and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
Teaching and Research
- Master’s Degree in a health-related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at SJHC
- Knowledge of policy and procedures at LHRI
- Previous experience in adult education and clinical skills in the area of general and psychiatric nursing theory and practice would be an asset
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph’s, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 08, 2024
Submission deadline: February 14, 2024
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.