Posting # 52523 - [ Non-Union ]
Registered Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy - Prescription Shop
- 1 position
Pharmacy - Prescription Shop
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Pharmacy Technician to join a dynamic team at Prescription Shop 1 at St. Joseph's Hospital.
Prescription Shop offers exceptional work-life balance as a Monday to Friday operation with the latest shift completing their work at 5:30 pm.
Prescription Shop 1 is a community, retail pharmacy that provides service to patients attending ambulatory clinics at St. Joseph's Hospital, residents at Mount Hope Centre of Long-Term Care, hospital staff, and the general public. As a Registered Pharmacy Technician, you need excellent organizational and communication skills to become an integral part of this team, which focuses on providing outstanding patient care. To be successful, you must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and thrive on collaborating with others while working to full scope of practice.
Note: for the first 12 weeks minimum, the successful candidate can expect to be scheduled up to full-time hours (i.e. 37.5 hrs/week).
In addition to the essential qualifications listed below, experience with long term care is an important asset.
- Registered in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in a retail pharmacy setting
- Exceptional attention to detail to accurately complete and check all technical aspects of a prescription within scope of practice
- Strong mathematical skills, including calculations to make non-sterile compounded medications
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated experience with third party adjudication and billing
- Previous experience with pharmacy order entry systems
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated customer focus with the ability to meet the needs of both internal and external customers
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Proficiency with Kroll is preferred
- Knowledge of automated packaging technology
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 07, 2024
Submission deadline: February 13, 2024
Wade Baillie, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.