Posting # 52498 - [ UNIFOR ]
Millwright, Facilities Engineering
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
The Facilities Management team creates, maintains and sustains quality facilities and a healthy environment through our leadership in energy stewardship and environmental sustainability. It is our mandate to design, provide and facilitate innovative solutions and enabling technology in support of our patient care, research and education mission.
The Facilities Engineering team creates and maintains a safe, comfortable environment for its employees and their patients making it a partner in the delivery of patient centered care. The role of Facilities Engineering department is to effectively and efficiently provide maintenance and operational services to all our customers. We are committed to optimal upkeep of our facilities.
The responsibilities of a millwright within the facilities engineer team include but are not limited to:
- Completing preventative maintenance tasks and equipment inspections as assigned.
- Troubleshoot and repair building equipment and motors.
- Troubleshoot and repair medical devices such as patient beds and lifts.
- Work with other trades to solve daily problems to ensure proper operation of building systems.
- Current Certificate of Qualification as a Construction Millwright or as an Industrial Mechanic Millwright for the Province of Ontario
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated related experience
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated experience in a customer-oriented environment
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills
- Demonstrated effective collaborative, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team as well as independently
- Successful completion of a Mechanical Comprehension Test
- Must be capable of meeting the physical demands required to perform the essential duties of the classification
Teaching and Research
- Previous work experience within a healthcare environment
- HVAC Certification (e.g. SMT, BES)
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 05, 2024
Submission deadline: February 18, 2024
Wade Baillie, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.