The Facilities Management team creates, maintains and sustains quality facilities and a healthy environment through our leadership in energy stewardship and environmental sustainability. It is our mandate to design, provide and facilitate innovative solutions and enabling technology in support of our patient care, research and education mission.
The Facilities Engineering team creates and maintains a safe, comfortable environment for its employees and their patients making it a partner in the delivery of patient centered care. The role of Facilities Engineering department is to effectively and efficiently provide maintenance and operational services to all our customers. We are committed to optimal upkeep of our facilities to create a functional, reliable, safe and comfortable health care environment.
The responsibilities of a painter within the Facilities Engineer team include but are not limited to:
- Provide painting service for the hospital and satellite sites both inside and outside. Tasks include but are not limited to preparation of surfaces to be painted, minor drywall repairs, painting or wallpapering, installing signs and clean up.
- Prioritizing work, closing off assigned work orders and working independently
- Preparing work projects by assessing operational and safety risks and assembling required supplies, tools and equipment
- Removal of fixtures and other items from walls, set up ladders as needed.
- Checking inventory, and ordering paint and other supplies when needed.
- Completing inspections of physical environment and assistance with renovation work as assigned.
- Performs regular preventative maintenance on equipment as required and work with other trades to solve daily problems to ensure proper operation of building systems.
- Complete other related maintenance tasks as assigned.
This is a permanent full time position currently working Monday to Friday day shifts from 08:00 to 16:00. It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer. This position qualifies for a comprehensive benefits package. Tools and PPE are provided along with a safety shoe allowance.
Our Vision: We earn complete confidence in the care we provide, and make a lasting difference in the quest to live fully
Posting date: February 21, 2024
Submission deadline: March 05, 2024
Wade Baillie, Human Resources