Posting # 52301 - [ Non-Union ]
Therapeutic Recreation Aide, Specialized Geriatric Service Ambulatory
- 1 position
Specialized Geriatric Service Ambulatory
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
The Therapeutic Recreation Aide (TRA) will work within the Specialized Geriatric Services Third Age Outreach Program (located at the Seniors Kiwanis Centre) and support the Therapeutic Recreation Specialist in the program. The TRA is responsible for carrying out recreation programming at the direction of the TRS. In this role, the TRA will be responsible for monitoring participation, achievement of defined clinical outcomes, and evaluating activities offered. The TRA will participate actively in planning and implementation of recreational programming and community development with the TRS. This role requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Diploma in Recreation and Leisure Studies with a minimum of three courses in therapeutic recreation or a Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with a variety of medical conditions and a variety of ages
- Previous experience working with volunteers
- Experience with facilitating pool exercise programs for seniors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of computer systems (Microsoft Office, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team setting
- Knowledge of the Therapeutic Recreation Service Delivery Model
- Travel within the catchment area is required
- Experience working in a community setting
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Member/eligibility for membership in Therapeutic Recreation Ontario
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 09, 2024
Submission deadline: February 15, 2024
Bradley Dudley, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.