Posting # 52275 - [ Non-Union ]
Admitting Clerk, Admitting
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Flexibility required to cover all shifts (days, evenings, nights, and weekends).
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
- Completion of a Medical Office/Secretarial certificate program
- Strong clerical skills including accurate typing and spelling
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a busy environment
- Experience dealing with the public
- Good decision making skills required to ensure accurate and thorough documentation
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work in a team setting
- Demonstrated computer skills at a basic level, particularly Microsoft Word
- Strong problem solving skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Experience with Cerner patient care systems
- Experience with admitting and patient registration processes
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 09, 2024
Submission deadline: February 15, 2024
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.