Posting # 52218 - [ Non-Union ]
Quality Specialist, Quality Strategy & Innovation
- 1 position
Quality Strategy & Innovation
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
This role will work with project sponsors at the Director or Senior leadership level to lead large-scale and/or complex initiatives/projects, ensuring that the intended outcomes achieve the improved patient experience, improved population health, improved staff well-being, and increased value for money.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Health related or Quality Improvement and Patient Safety related field
- Certification required in one of the following: Quality Improvement, LEADS, Lean Six Sigma (green belt), Lean, TPS (Toyota Production Systems Training), Risk Management, Change Management or Project Management Professional certification
- Proven experience in leading and facilitating transformational quality and safety change in health systems and in collaboration with system partners required
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholder groups and teams, manage relationships, and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Evidence of leading change from a patient and family engaged model required
- Proven experience in leading teams and demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others
- Effective ability to communicate with stakeholders in leadership roles
- Confident presentation skills to a variety of audiences of variable sizes
- Demonstrated ability to influence/drive decisions and the activity of project and program leaders
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience leading change management, with the ability to apply change management principles and coach clinical teams through the change process
- Ability to apply a systems-focused approach to achieve optimal results in quality, safety, efficiency and productivity
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal corporate teams to identify performance and outcome indicators, enabling effective monitoring and sustainability of QI initiatives
- Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency utilizing Microsoft Suite
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience leading quality improvement initiatives, care-model redesign(s), clinical process improvements or health system transformation
- Experience utilizing methodologies and tools to drive change in a health-related organization (e.g. LEAN, Six Sigma, high reliability principles, risk matrix, PDSA, root cause analyses, FMEA, lean, value stream mapping etc.)
- Experience managing/leading resources as part of projects or initiatives
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Master's Degree in a Health related or Quality Improvement and Patient Safety related field
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your duties.
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 09, 2024
Submission deadline: February 15, 2024
Wade Baillie, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.