Posting # 52206 - [ UNIFOR ]
Personal Care Assistant, Geriatric Psychiatry G2 H2
- 1 position
Geriatric Psychiatry G2 H2
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Temporary Part Time
Temporary Part-time position from May 1, 2024 and continuing until September 3, 2024, subject to the availability of work.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
The Personal Care Assistant will assist the interdisciplinary team to provide care with the activities of daily living to patients at Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care. PCAs support the geriatric population (those over the age 65 years of age) with a chronic and persistent mental health illness under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse.
- Completed at least one year of education in either a Baccalaureate or Practical Nursing Program
- Completed clinical placements within a hospital or long term care setting, as part of the nursing program
- Returning to complete their baccalaureate or practical nursing education in Fall 2024
- Ability to provide full assistance with the activities of daily living under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and lift and transfer skills to meet heavy physical demands
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self directed and the ability to work as part of a team
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: February 15, 2024
Submission deadline: February 21, 2024
Michelle Robertson, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.