Posting # 52066 - [ ONA ]
Registered Nurse, ACT Float
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Required to provide support on any of the ACT teams in London, Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin. Assignment of work will be determined based on where the staffing need is.
Using the principles of psycho social rehabilitation and being guided by a vision of recovery, the successful candidate will join an interdisciplinary assertive community treatment team and provide nursing interventions to clients in their community environments.
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Well-developed assessment, consultative practice and evaluation skills in the care of clients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Good working knowledge of nursing principles, theory and legislation and of the nursing care needs of clients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Ability to relate therapeutically with clients
- Demonstrated leadership in the initiation, coordination of, and participation in team/family conferences and clinical activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in the development of teaching materials and the teaching of clients, family, and caregivers
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications, symptom management, and community resources
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Travel within the catchment area is required
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Experience working in mental health
- Knowledge of London social and health services network
- Certified in, or in process of completing courses toward the Canadian Psychiatry and Mental Health Certification
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 20, 2023
Submission deadline: November 26, 2023
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.