The Facilities Management team creates, maintains and sustains quality facilities and a healthy environment through our leadership in energy stewardship and environmental sustainability. It is our mandate to design, provide and facilitate innovative solutions and enabling technology in support of our patient care, research and education mission.
The Facilities Engineering team creates and maintains a safe, comfortable environment for its employees and their patients making it a partner in the delivery of patient centered care. The role of Facilities Engineering department is to effectively and efficiently provide maintenance and operational services to all our customers. We are committed to optimal upkeep of our facilities to create a functional, reliable, safe and comfortable health care environment.
The responsibilities of an electrician within the Facilities Engineer team include but are not limited to:
- Completing electrical tasks, preventative maintenance duties, equipment inspections and renovation work as assigned.
- Troubleshoot and repair building equipment, ATS switch gear, VFD's, generators and motors.
- Ballast repairs, Light bulb replacement, Nurse call repair and troubleshooting, Overhead paging system adjustments
- Maintains a running inventory of electrical parts and stock, ordering new as required, with the consent of the Facility Engineering Coordinator
- Work with other trades to solve daily problems to ensure proper operation of building systems.
This is a permanent full time position currently working Monday to Friday day shifts from 08:00 to 16:00. It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer. This position qualifies for a comprehensive benefits package. Tools and PPE are provided along with a safety shoe allowance.
Our Vision: We earn complete confidence in the care we provide, and make a lasting difference in the quest to live fully
Posting date: November 17, 2023
Submission deadline: November 23, 2023
Wade Baillie, Human Resources