Posting # 52056 - [ UNIFOR ]
Storekeeper, HMMS Logistics LHSC
- 1 position
HMMS Logistics LHSC
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
HMMS is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 90,000 active items. Learn more about HMMS through this short online video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uhi8PSwKTOI
HMMS operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with Storekeeper assigned to perform supply chain functions at London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph's Health Care London. These duties include shipping/receiving, cycle counting, inventorying and stock replenishment on supply carts in clinical areas throughout the hospitals. Storekeepers use bar code scanners and computers to perform daily tasks.
- Grade 12 education or recognized equivalent in Ontario
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Health and physical condition consistent with heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, walking and standing
- Demonstrated organizational ability and self-direction
- Forklift Class 3 familiarity and successfully complete certification within one week of start date
- Database computer experience
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Previous experience in Inventory Control/Logistics
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 17, 2023
Submission deadline: November 23, 2023
Wade Baillie, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.