Posting # 52055 - [ OPSEU Paramed ]
Advanced Behaviour Analyst, Dual Diagnosis Program - H5
- 1 position
Dual Diagnosis Program - H5
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary Full-time position, anticipated to extend until March 14, 2024, subject to the availability of work.
An exciting new opportunity exists within our Dual Diagnosis program for an innovative individual with experience and recognized training in the treatment of persons with Dual Diagnosis. Our well established specialized regional program has enhanced its model with the addition of an Advanced Behaviour Analyst position.
The Advanced Behaviour Analyst, working under the supervision of the psychiatrist, will develop and implement behaviour programs and will train front line staff in the application and integration of these programs to daily care plans. In addition, the Advanced Behaviour Analyst will perform their work as an effective member of the interprofessional care team and will, along with other members of the team, establish a therapeutic milieu on the unit while providing detailed assessment of the function of the behaviour of the individual patients.
- Masters Degree in Applied Behaviour Analysis, Applied Disability Studies, Counselling, Clinical or School Psychology.
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) or in process.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience providing Behaviour Therapy services to those with intellectual disabilities, particularly those with dual diagnoses and autism.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories, methods and techniques in applied behaviour analysis and in developing evidence-based programs for those with dual diagnoses.
- An understanding of family dynamics and how they affect coordination of services.
- Demonstrated ability to work in the field independently, without daily supervision while planning and delivering behavioural services.
- An ability to work within a team as well as independently,
- Strong assessment, planning, priority setting and problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Databases.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, crisis intervention and counseling skills.
- Strong empathy for individuals with dual diagnosis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 17, 2023
Submission deadline: November 23, 2023
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.