Posting # 52053 - [ UNIFOR ]
Personal Support Worker, Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care
- 5 positions
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Graduate of a recognized Personal Support Worker Certificate Program from an accredited education facility
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontariocompliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform functions that require heavy lifting, bending, standing, walking, pushing, pulling
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A police record check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
Teaching and Research
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- An interest in working with the elderly population
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 17, 2023
Submission deadline: November 23, 2023
Bradley Dudley, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.