Posting # 52031 - [ UNIFOR ]
Registered Practical Nurse, Medically Complex Service
- 2 positions
Medically Complex Service
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
The Medically Complex Service is a part of the Complex Care Program and comprises two units that provide care for individuals with a variety of chronic and complex medical conditions. A broad range of patient care needs are supported by expert and diverse nursing care including complex wound management, mechanical ventilation, chronic palliation, and the management of tube feeds and PICC lines. An interdisciplinary team provides a holistic and collaborative approach to care focusing on the physical, psychosocial, emotional and spiritual needs of the patients. Our ultimate goal is to earn the complete confidence of our patients, and their families, by providing exceptional care that meets their individualized care needs. We value respect, excellence and compassion and consistently demonstrate these values in our interactions with our patients, families and coworkers.
The Medically Complex Service provides care to patients who require ongoing medical management as well as rehabilitation following a major medical event, accident or illness. We provide support to individuals with a range of chronic complex conditions including designated beds for patient's requiring chronic ventilator support. The goal of the Complex Care unit is to return individuals to the community; either to their home or to a long-term care setting.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proficiency and experience in pharmacology and medication administration
- Valid CPR certificate
- Successful completion of a nursing competency test
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated flexibility and organizational skills
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Experience and knowledge of the nursing care needs of the continuing care patient
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 15, 2023
Submission deadline: November 21, 2023
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.