Posting # 51908 - [ OPSEU Paramed ]
Social Worker (MSW), Forensic Psychiatry Program
- 1 position
Forensic Psychiatry Program
Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care - St. Thomas, ON
An exciting new opportunity exists to undertake the role of Psychotherapeutic Group Facilitator.
This role will further the provision and development of a range of psychotherapeutic programming aimed to reduce criminogenic risk factors and support establishing further evidenced based group interventions. Working with an interdisciplinary team the successful candidate will lead the development, coordination, and independent oversight of psychotherapeutic group facilitators and programming. The successful candidate will have the capacity to provide individualized psychotherapy services as well to compliment existing psychology services.
The Forensic Psychiatry Program has adopted the Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Model as its overarching philosophical framework. This philosophy is built on a set of principles and values that emphasize client and family involvement in decision making, client choice, the provision of a range of services to meet treatment, rehabilitation and support needs, and a commitment from mental health services' professionals to achieving the best possible outcomes for clients based on their stated preferences, wishes, desires and life plans. As part of the forensic system, this must also be accomplished within the parameters defined by the Ontario Review Board within each patient's Disposition order. The Forensic Psychiatry Program is also highly invested in both education and research and has various connections with the University of Western Ontario.
The Forensic Psychiatry Program is also highly invested in both education and research and has various connections with the University of Western Ontario.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Valid registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers
- Minimum 5 years of experience practicing in a variety of psychotherapeutic modalities
- Demonstrated ability in developing and facilitating evidenced based psychotherapeutic groups
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- Valid CPR certificate
- Good working knowledge of forensic mental health legislation
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships, coordinate care collaboratively with multi-disciplinary team members, as well as to function independently with clients
- Demonstrated skills in effectively responding to psychiatric and physical emergencies and/or crisis situations
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of psychiatric diagnoses and treatments, psychotropic medications and symptom management
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Experience with forensic mental health clients
- Experience with program development
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 15, 2023
Submission deadline: November 21, 2023
Bradley Dudley, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.