Posting # 51841 - [ ONA ]
Registered Nurse, Adult Inpatient Mental Health Short Stay Unit G5
- 1 position
Adult Inpatient Mental Health Short Stay Unit G5
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Parkwood Institute - Mental Health Care Building provides specialized mental health care to individuals living with mental illnesses on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. The Short Stay Unit offers crisis intervention, assessment, and stabilization for people with severe and persistent mental illness with a focus on short term treatment and collaborative care with family physicians and other community providers. Optimal length of stay in our program is 14 days.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- In-depth knowledge of major mental illness from a biopsychosocial perspective
- Knowledge, skills, and recent experience providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with serious mental illness
- Experience working with people with an addiction
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in applying the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Experience in mental health
- Certified/or in the process of completing courses toward the Canadian Psychiatry and Mental Health Certification
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 16, 2023
Submission deadline: November 22, 2023
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.