Posting # 51443 - [ ONA ]
Registered Nurse, Mount Hope Long Term Care
- 1 position
Mount Hope Long Term Care
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Two years recent experience in the last three years in the care of the elderly and/or younger physically challenged adults
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Well-developed assessment, consultative, practice and evaluation skills in the care of long term care residents
- Demonstrated effective communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the initiation, coordination of and participation in team/family conferences and clinical activities
- Experience in the development of teaching materials and the teaching of residents, family and caregivers, both professional and non-professional
- A police record check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 17, 2023
Submission deadline: November 23, 2023
Bradley Dudley, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.