Posting # 52067 - [ Non-Union ]
Medical Secretary, Department of Medicine
- 1 position
Department of Medicine
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Part Time
Temporary position, anticipated to extend until November 2024, subject to the availability of work.
A challenging opportunity presently exists for a highly-motivated, self-directed and innovative professional to provide support to Dr. Joanne Jiang within the Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology at St. Joseph's Health Care London. The successful incumbent will provide effective administrative support to the physician.
You will be an energetic, career-oriented team player committed to meeting the needs inherent to busy physician practice/office.
- Recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario Graduate of a recognized Medical Secretary Diploma
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Previous experience in an administrative role in a medical office setting
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology
- Demonstrated Intermediate level computer skills particularly with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and transcribing experience
- High level of initiative and self-direction required with proven problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills to establish and balance competing priorities in a challenging and diverse work environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus as well as a positive and professional attitude toward assisting internal or external customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner
- Detail oriented and demonstrated accuracy with the work involved
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Teaching and Research
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency in OHIP billing (IBIS billing experience preferred)
- Experience with Outlook and Cerner/Electronic Health Records (Accuro) is an asset
- Experience with research financial account management is an asset
- Ability to support physician productivity by maintaining calendar and scheduling appointments, physician consultations, meetings, conferences and travel
- Experience in organizing and coordinating meetings/events and follow-up when necessary
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine or proof of one dose and a signed commitment to receive a second dose within a specified timeframe, (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 20, 2023
Submission deadline: November 26, 2023
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.