Posting # 52048 - [ ONA ]
Registered Nurse, Rehabilitation
- 4 positions
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
A challenging and exciting opportunity exists to work in a collaborative inter-professional environment delivering nursing care to rehabilitation patients in a specialized rehabilitation setting.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who wants to be on a team of rehabilitation practitioners who are considered leaders in the delivery of rehabilitation care and to actively participate in improving the outcomes of the patients we serve and to the health care system as a whole.
Using the principles of patient centered care and based upon the foundation of best practice, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing daily nursing care to the full scope of RN accountability to stroke, spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury and behavioural rehabilitation patients. Working on the programs requires focusing on preventing complications of physical disability, restoring optimal function and assisting with the adaptation to an altered lifestyle. The RN is adept at coordinating and collaborating with the interdisciplinary team toward the achievement of patient centered goals. Physical activities such as lifting, turning and transferring are required.
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Minimum of 1 year rehabilitation nursing experience
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Experience and knowledge of the nursing care needs of patients with an acquired brain injury, and spinal cord injury
- Demonstrated ability to assess physical and psychosocial needs of rehabilitative patients
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to be self directed and direct others
- Demonstrated flexibility and organizational skills
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- CRRN or CNN(c) Certificate
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 17, 2023
Submission deadline: November 23, 2023
Michelle Robertson, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.