Posting # 52042 - [ UNIFOR ]
Dietary Aide, Food & Nutrition Services Parkwood Institute - Mental Health
- 1 position
Food & Nutrition Services Parkwood Institute - Mental Health
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
We are an integrated team that provides food and nutrition services to our patients and residents at all sites of St. Joseph's Health Care London. We accomplish this through the procurement, storage, preparation and distribution of safe, high quality food choices in a cost effective way. Our ultimate goal is to earn complete confidence by providing excellent customer service to ensure a pleasant dining experience and therefore maintain and improve nutritional health and quality of life. Our departments operate within varying shifts from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM, seven days a week.
We value teamwork and respect the contribution of all team members. Training and education opportunities are provided. We value excellence and strive to continually improve our services, food quality and safety. We take pride being an employer of choice in the food service industry.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Grade 12 education or recognized equivalent in Ontario
- Safe Food Handlers certification or successful completion of certification within six (6) months of hire
- Knowledge of institutional food service and therapeutic diets
- Knowledge of safe food handling
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Health and physical condition consistent with constant bending, standing, walking, or lifting up to 28 kg.
- Strong customer service commitment
- Ability to work in a busy environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team player
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Previous food service experience
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 15, 2023
Submission deadline: November 21, 2023
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.