Posting # 52040 - [ UNIFOR ]
Laundry Worker/Washer/Porter, Linen
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Part Time
Temporary Part time position, anticipated to extend until December 01, 2024, subject to the availability of work.
Some main duties for this position include, but not limited to, retrieving soiled linens throughout the hospital, working with different departments to distribute linen throughout the hospital, order linen when stock starts to get low, and fill ScrubX machine with OR greens. It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated oral & written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Health and physical condition consistent with heavy lifting, pushing, bending, walking and standing
- Demonstrated organizational ability and self-direction
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Knowledge of the geographic layout of the Hospital
- Knowledge of Laundry/Linen work
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 15, 2023
Submission deadline: November 21, 2023
Wade Baillie, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.