Posting # 52030 - [ Non-Union ]
Clerical Support Specialist, Ivey Eye Institute
- 1 position
Ivey Eye Institute
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Clerical Support Specialist to join our inter professional team within the Ivey Eye Institute and Cataract Central Intake Office. The Ivey Eye Institute is the main referral centre for eye disease in Western Ontario with over 145,000 visits annually. The Cataract Central Intake Office is a new program which will serve as a single referral point for all Cataract Surgery referrals for the South West and Erie St. Clair regions.
The Clerical Support Specialist (CSS) will provide expertise and support to the Clerical Team in the Ivey Eye Institute and Cataract Central Intake Office in order to facilitate the delivery of excellent care to our patients, clients and families. This role is responsible for managing the day to day activities of referral processing, registration, appointment scheduling, chart preparation and contacting patients regarding appointments and scheduling of the clerical teams. The CSS will respond to patient and referring physician inquiries as well as look for continuous improvement opportunities for referral and booking procedures.
Additionally, the CSS will ensure there are consistent and equitable human resource practices and provide training, guidance and development opportunities to staff.
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
- Post-secondary medical office administrator/ management certificate
- Intermediate Word and Excel
- 2 years of experience supervising clerical teams in a clinical or medical office setting
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Impeccable interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to establish work priorities and ensure deadlines are achieved
- Expertise in customer service and client relations
- Personal accountability and shows initiative
- Job task planning and organizing
- Creative problem solving, critical thinking and project management skills
- 3 years' experience with Cerner registration and scheduling.
- 2 year's experience in training staff in computer base applications
- Ability to resolve issues or to re-direct enquires to the appropriate resource to ensure the resolution of the issue
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Ability to write standards of work and flow chart work processes
- Experience dealing with conflict and ability to diffuse confrontational situations in the workplace
- Ability to support and develop diverse teams
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrated ability to offer and receive constructive feedback with fellow team members.
- Demonstrated self-awareness and an understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses in pursuit of continuous improvement
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Minimum two years related medical administrative experience in a teaching hospital environment
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (primary series, boosters and/or XBB) OR one dose of XBB vaccine at least 14 days prior to the start date.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Posting date: November 14, 2023
Submission deadline: November 20, 2023
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Only those under consideration will be contacted.