Note: This position supports Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care in London and Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care in St. Thomas.
In this key role of after- hours Officer In Charge (OIC) you are the administrative leadership on site after hours. You will provide front-line collaborative leadership and be responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care and Southwest Centre for Forensic Mental Health Care facilities during the afternoon, night, weekend and holiday shifts. This hospital wide supervisory role ensures the safe, utilization of systems, protocols and resources in the delivery of inter-professional care to patients. Your role will oversee responsibility for resource allocation and utilization, patient access and flow planning, risk management, and the promotion of recovery and rehabilitation principles and initiatives.
In addition, your responsibilities include communicating as necessary with the Administrator On-Call and the Senior Leadership Team related to the escalation of bed management plans, and crisis management.
- Assumes a leadership role and takes appropriate action in emergency situations that may arise in the Hospital; adhering to Hospital protocols and procedures as outlined in the emergency measures manual in these situations (i.e. emergency situations, code blue, code red, etc.) and follows up as appropriate.
- Provides administrative supervision and support to all staff, patients and families during your scheduled shifts
- Leads to resolve any issues or complaints that arise during the shift
- Maintain a strong line of communication with appropriate Program Coordinators/Directors/Physician Leaders for clinical and non-clinical issues; including the provision of shift-based documentation to ensure continuity
- Addresses patient/family concerns and facilitates resolutions as appropriate.
- Completes safety walkabouts on the patient care units in conjunction with staff and take action to address issues identified.
- Manages access to safe clinical equipment through regular safety checks and coordinate availability and documentation of clinical supplies and equipment.
- Monitors attendance of all staff, documents sick and absent calls and arrange for replacement staff.
- Ensure compliance with all legislated requirements, professional, and accreditation standards for care and safety of staff and patients.
- Leads or participates in projects, committees, working groups or councils pertaining to strategic and operational significance as required
Posting date: November 16, 2023
Submission deadline: November 22, 2023
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources