Posting # 51632 - [ UNIFOR ]
OTA/PTA, Mount Hope - Allied Health
- 1 position
Mount Hope - Allied Health
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
**Temporary position expected to extend until April 13, 2025, subject to the availability of work**
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Current Physiotherapy Assistant and Occupational Therapy Assistant diplomas or dual OTA/PTA diploma from a recognized program that includes a placement component in each discipline
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated knowledge of the geriatric population
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physical and cognitive disabilities and their potential impact on task performance
- Experience with the provision of occupational therapy and physiotherapy treatment such as: fabrication of assistive devices, positioning aids, and wheelchair and seating components; functional mobility retraining; and therapeutic exercise
- Excellent communication skills with patients, family, volunteers and other members of the care team
- Able to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position (eg. Lifts and transfers, able to assist therapist in physical treatment techniques)
- Able to utilize computer systems (eg. Workload measurement, Outlook, Word)
- Exceptional observational skills
- Able to work independently and be self directed
- A police record check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Clinical experience with geriatric clients
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received three doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: September 14, 2023
Submission deadline: September 20, 2023
Bradley Dudley, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.