Posting # 51472 - [ ONA ]
Registered Nurse, Professional Practice Partnership Program
- 2 positions
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Full Time eligible to apply
Temporary Full-time position, anticipated to extend until March 31, 2024, subject to the availability of work.
The Clinical Scholar Nurse (CSN) is an experienced practitioner who can lead and model quality patient care and professionalism to newly graduated nurses, Internationally Educated applicants, nurses with temporary licenses and nurses seeking to upskill, to aid the transition into the nursing workforce or new clinical setting.
The primary role of the CSN is to work collaboratively with the Coordinator, Nurse Educators, Advanced Practice Nurses, and Professional Practice team to support nursing colleagues. The CSN is responsible for supporting nursing practice and the integration of clinical reasoning and critical thinking into the clinical area in accordance with organizational and professional standards, and in collaboration with clinical teams. The CSN will not have a patient caseload and will support the integration of new nurses within clinical teams as a supernumerary position.
- Valid registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum five years recent, related experience
- Demonstrated excellence in clinical practice with knowledge and engagement of current evidence-based practice
- Valid CPR certificate
- Demonstrated leadership skills, interpersonal skills, team building, change management, and conflict management skills
- Effective interpersonal, coaching and communication skills (both written and verbal) to effectively work within an
- interprofessional team setting
- Highly developed critical thinking skills and ability to conceptualize, analyze, and solve problems
- Proficiency in computer software applications (i.e., Microsoft Office 365, Cerner)
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and problem-solve in a timely and efficient
- Demonstrated planning and evaluation skills
- Demonstrated behavior supporting organizational core values; respect, trust and collaboration
- Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Experience in clinical nurse training/education and group/meeting facilitation
- Demonstrated experience in providing adult education
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to COVID management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: September 18, 2023
Submission deadline: September 24, 2023
Bradley Dudley, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.