Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist (NP/CNS), Mount Hope Centre for Long - Term Care
- 2 positions
Mount Hope Centre for Long - Term Care
Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care - London, ON
St. Joseph’s Health Care is willing to consider applicants who are eligible for Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN). This program provides $25,000 in grant funding to eligible RN, RPN & Nurse Practitioners in exchange for a two-year full-time commitment. To learn more about the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN), please visit www.healthforceontario.ca/en/Home/All_Programs/Community_Commitment_Program_for_Nurses.
Mount Hope Centre for Long-Term Care is home to up to 394 residents. Mount Hope provides holistic, compassionate, resident-centered care that focuses on optimizing quality of life and resident experience.
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist to work within a collaborative practice model and with the interdisciplinary team at Mount Hope. The successful candidate will provide direct, comprehensive care, and provide clinical consultation and leadership. They will also participate in the education of staff and clinical partners and incorporate best practice and research findings to promote quality resident and family centered care. The successful candidate to this position will forecast and anticipate future trends and work collaboratively with other leaders playing an active role in influencing policy, implementing new standards and regulations, and participating in strategic planning to meet the future needs of residents within Mount Hope.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class
- Nurse Practitioner certificate in either Primary Health Care or Adult
- Member of RNAO, NPAO or Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS) with professional liability insurance
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MScN) or Master of Nursing (MN) or health care related Master's degree
- A police record check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
- Superior interpersonal, coaching and communication skills to effectively work within an inter-professional team setting
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Collaborate with the inter-professional team to develop, implement and evaluate innovative resident and family centered care delivery practices
- Promotes evidence-based practice
- Previous teaching experience and proven ability to provide clinical leadership
- Experience and demonstrated skills in implementing quality improvement initiatives and leading change initiatives
- Promote the values of shared leadership and inter-professional team collaboration
- Demonstrated experience in project management, specifically related to nursing education and quality improvement
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Advanced knowledge and skills with a multi system focus in physical assessment, along with appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic considerations, consultative support and evaluation specific to long-term care resident population with complex medical and functional conditions
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received three doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: September 12, 2023
Submission deadline: September 25, 2023
Bradley Dudley, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.