Patient Relations, Privacy and Risk Assistant
- 1 position
Patient Relations, Privacy and Risk
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The Patient Relations, Privacy and Risk Assistant reports to the Chief Privacy and Risk Officer (CPRO) for St. Joseph's and is accountable for providing support for all Privacy and Risk initiatives. The Assistant's main focus will be supporting Privacy and Freedom of Information, including auditing and report preparation. The Assistant may be the first point of contact within the Patient Relations, Privacy and Risk office when answering phone or email and will triage questions and concerns. The Assistant will also support other work performed within the Patient Relations, Privacy and Risk office as appropriate.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Community College (willing to consider applicants with combination of experience and education)
- Knowledge of health privacy and information protection issues
- Minimum of 2 years working with a hospital environment in a role that involves interacting and collaborating with numerous hospital departments
- Previous experience working in a customer service role
- A level of comfort in communicating and working with the public, patients, health care providers, including physicians
- Problem-solving/analytical thinking skills
- Intermediate computer skills, including with Microsoft Office programs - especially Word, Power Point and Excel, as well as the ability to learn and use proficiently other department-specific tools
- Good communications and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability/willingness to research and learn about new and evolving legislation related to the hospitals.
- Proven ability to work independently and contribute as a team player
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Knowledge of Records Management best practices
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 25, 2023
Submission deadline: June 07, 2023
Michelle Robertson, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.