Posting # 50875 - [ UNIFOR ]
Registered Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Services
- 2 positions
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Pharmacy Services is currently seeking skilled and enthusiastic Pharmacy Technicians to join our team. The successful candidate will be required to work at all sites.
St. Joseph's cares for a diverse patient population across multiple sites. This offers an excellent opportunity to provide a broad range of pharmacy care across different clinical settings.
The Pharmacy Technician is a key individual in the medication distribution system. The successful candidate will display excellent organizational and communication skills while collaborating with pharmacists and other health care professionals to provide outstanding service, exceptional patient care, and ensure safe and effective medication management at all times.
Responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician may include, but are not limited to: preparing sterile and non-sterile extemporaneous products, inventory control, packaging, supply and delivery of medications, liaising with nursing staff on the patient care units, education and training as well as obtaining Best Possible Medication Histories (BPMH).
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Registered with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Strong mathematical skills to accurately prepare, compound, and dispense medications
- Recent hospital or retail experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Health and physical condition consistent with heavy lifting, pushing, bending, walking, sitting, standing, and keyboarding
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Minimum two (2) years recent hospital pharmacy experience
- Previous computer experience, particularly with Cerner/Pharmnet pharmacy system
- Prior experience collecting and documenting Best Possible Medication Histories (BPMH)
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 23, 2023
Submission deadline: May 29, 2023
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.