Registered Nurse, Infectious Diseases
- 2 positions
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
St. Joseph's Hospital continues to expand its role in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease, illness prevention, research and education. Our ambulatory medicine teams specialize in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease conditions with the goal of assisting individuals to reach optimal health and well-being. Our different teams work together to provide patients with comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, disease prevention and management strategies and follow up care.
The Infectious Diseases Care Program is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to provide comprehensive patient care by using advanced assessment, intervention and evaluation skills. The successful candidate will work to identify health needs of patients and families and collaborate with the inter-professional team to address these needs. This role actively supports and advances the use of evidence-based research through nursing practice, the development of protocols and the promotion of educational activities.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, infectious diseases (including cellulitis)
- Recent (2 year) medical or surgical experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of chronic disease management
- Demonstrated competence in I.V. insertions and phlebotomy skills
- Demonstrated effective communication, collaboration skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an inter-professional team setting
- Demonstrated expertise in critical thinking and clinical problem solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and the teaching of patients, family and caregivers
- Experience working with a diverse population: including the homeless, addictions and mental health
- Experience working with community partners
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Minimum one year experience in ambulatory care
- Experience in developing education tools
- Experience in data collection
- Experience with Community Outreach Programs
- Certification in performing Fibroscans
- Certification as an ACRN (AIDS Certified Registered Nurse)
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph’s, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 23, 2023
Submission deadline: May 29, 2023
Michelle Robertson, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.