Posting # 50772 - [ ONA ]
Registered Nurse, Parkwood Institute Mental Health - Float Pool
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Mental Health - Float Pool
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
St. Joseph’s Health Care is willing to consider applicants who are eligible for Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN). This program provides $25,000 in grant funding to eligible RN, RPN & Nurse Practitioners in exchange for a two-year full-time commitment. To learn more about the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN), please visit www.healthforceontario.ca/en/Home/All_Programs/Community_Commitment_Program_for_Nurses.
We welcome new graduate applications through the NGG portal. Please ensure you register and apply through the portal for
consideration: https://www.nursescareerstart.health.gov.on.ca/Default.aspx and apply to the St. Joseph's Job Posting.
The Mental Health Care program at the Parkwood Institute serves patients with serious mental illness across the continuum. The Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Model is the foundation of our work, and is built on a set of principles and values that emphasize client and family involvement in decision making, client choice, the provision of a range of services to meet treatment, rehabilitation and support needs, it also includes a commitment from mental health services professionals to achieving the best possible outcomes for clients based on their stated preferences, wishes, desires and life plans. The populations we serve within our inpatient services include Dual Diagnosis, Geriatric as well as Assessment, Treatment and Rehabilitation Programs within the adult services.
The float pool will provide support across all the inpatient programs.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Knowledge and application of psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery framework
- Strong working knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Proficiency and experience in Pharmacology and medication administration
- In depth knowledge of major mental illness from a biopsychosocial perspective
- Experience, knowledge and well developed assessment and evaluation skills, of the special needs of the specialty mental health populations with severe and persistent mental illness with responsive behaviours and co-morbid medical conditions
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Demonstrate experience in establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated leadership in the initiation, coordination of, and participation in team/family conferences and clinical activities
- Ability to develop therapeutic relationships with this patient population and their families
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to ensuring a safe work environment for self, patients and others
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position which includes heavy lifting, bending, standing, walking, pushing, pulling
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Certified/or in the process of completing courses toward the Canadian Psychiatry and Mental Health Certification
- GPA and understanding of the PIECES framework
- Knowledge and skill in relevant counseling and treatment modalities (CBT, DBT, motivational interviewing)
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 22, 2023
Submission deadline: May 28, 2023
Peter Kronenberg, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.