Pharmacist, Pharmacy Services
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary position anticipated to extend until January 5, 2025, subject to the availability of work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a licensed pharmacist to practice in a progressive and supportive environment at St. Joseph's Health Care London.
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic pharmacist to join our team working in the acute/ambulatory care setting at St. Joseph's Hospital. St. Joseph's Hospital specializes in short-stay surgery, ambulatory management of complex medical and chronic disease, research, and education. Our interdisciplinary teams provide comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow up care through our specialty programs, which include diabetes/endocrinology, rheumatology, infectious disease care program, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology to name a few.
In addition to pharmacy distribution responsibilities, this position will carry primary clinical responsibility for patients in the perioperative environment, specifically the B6 inpatient unit, with additional patient care areas to be considered and assigned as required. The ideal candidate must have excellent problem-solving and time management skills. Experience with short-stay surgical patients is an asset. You will be responsible for identifying and resolving drug related problems for diverse patient populations. You will serve as an important liaison between perioperative care area and the community setting to ensure safety and continuity of care. Your role also requires mentorship of students, resident teaching opportunities, and participation in departmental educational sessions to promote pharmacists’ professional learning and development.
Please note: this position includes on-call coverage responsibilities
- Part A licensed pharmacist in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Prior experience in hospital pharmacy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Working knowledge of Cerner and PowerChart strongly preferred
- Graduate of an accredited Hospital Residency program
- Prior experience in ambulatory care or family heath team setting
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Josephs, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 16, 2023
Submission deadline: May 29, 2023
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.