WSIB Claims Consultant, Occupational Health & Safety
- 1 position
Occupational Health & Safety
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The WSIB Claims Consultant is an integral part of the supporting the effective management of WSIB related activity for St. Joseph's Health Care, London. Through ongoing communication with hospital leadership, development and delivery of effective claims management practices, the successful candidate will ensure that St. Joseph's meets its legislated obligations and maximizes opportunities for financial incentives through the WSIB Experience Rating program.
Reporting to the Director of Occupational Health and Safety Services, and collaborating with the Occupational Health and Safety Services team, the successful candidate will report and analyze information related to occupational injuries, and liaise with all levels of leadership regarding issues pertaining to legislative and financial obligations related to workplace safety.
- Successful completion of a bachelor's degree in a related field of study
- Minimum of three (3) years experience providing influence and extensive experience with WSIB claims management and disability management programs
- Maintain a broad knowledge base of legislative and regulatory information pertinent to workplace safety and insurance
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills along with an ability to influence change
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience in creating accident investigation reports, interaction with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and at the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal on all matters pertaining to WSIB legislation
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting and financial forecasting
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to establish and balance competing priorities in a challenging and fast paced work environment
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Familiarity with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: May 23, 2023
Submission deadline: May 29, 2023
Andrew Harriman-Duke, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.