Posting # 50419 - [ Non-Union ]
Coordinator (Manager), Medicine Services
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
An exciting opportunity exists for the successful candidate to continue the tradition of respect, excellence and compassion by leading teams through change while developing strategies to continually earn complete confidence in the care provided to patients.
Guided by St. Joseph's strategic plan, the Coordinator of Medicine Services will support building regional coalitions that will reach out to the people who need us most and close gaps in care. The incumbent will work to ensure that excellent care is accessible to everyone and will welcome every patient and family caregiver as a person with a unique set of strengths, support networks, spirituality, physical and psychological conditions, and personal goals.
As an integral member of the Medicine Services Program, the leader works in collaboration with the Director and Physician Leaders to provide leadership and direction for the Urgent Care Centre, Endoscopy and Gastroenterology Clinic, Registered Respiratory Therapists and Anesthesia Assistants. The position responsibilities include managing and developing human resources; managing and administering operating budgets; developing, managing and leading projects that will result in optimized care delivery, efficiency and productivity within and across programs; developing, managing and implementing quality improvements initiatives to ensure continuous quality improvement throughout the program in alignment with corporate goals and strategies. The position will also manage resources within the specific health care funding methodology of Quality Based Procedures (QBP) for GI Endoscopy.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Allied Health Profession
- Valid registration with relevant professional college
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a health care leadership role
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to form/defend independent judgments and to use good judgment in assessing difficult situations.
- Ability to work effectively and demonstrates composure under pressure/stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates strong leadership and motivational skills
- Exercises initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Adapts to and implements change and facilitates its acceptance by others
- Has knowledge of relevant legislation related to management of people and fiscal resources
- Demonstrated experience in program development and evaluation, project management and LEAN training
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or previous experience of emergency and ambulatory care
- Demonstrated shared leadership, team development and collaboration, and facilitation skills coupled with superior interpersonal, relationship and communication skills
- Demonstrate and practice the values of St. Joseph's in daily interactions with staff, patients and families
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem recognition, analyses and resolution skills
- Experience working with outside health agencies, government and non-governmental agencies
- Demonstrated abilities in fiscal management and operational decision-making
- Demonstrated interest and experience in research and program evaluation
- Previous leadership experience in a unionized environment
- In addition, the successful candidate will possess strong Leadership Capabilities including: Lead Self; Engage Others; Achieve Results; Develop Coalition; System Transformation
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Masters degree in Business Administration or Health Administration
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 14, 2023
Submission deadline: March 27, 2023
Michelle Robertson, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.