Posting # 50418 - [ Non-Union ]
Data Quality Analyst, Health Information Management
- 1 position
Health Information Management
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
The Data Quality Analyst supports the planning, research and utilization needs of the organization. Responsibilities include: gathering, organizing, and assessing data from various sources in order to find useful information to support planning. The role is also responsible for identifying efficiencies, problem areas and possible improvements to data quality.
This position will focus on both organization/site/program level data and patient/provider/encounter specific data.
While primarily located at St. Joseph’s Hospital, this role will also lend support to its counterparts located at Parkwood Institute for Mental Health as required.
- College Diploma in Health Information Management (2 year program)
- Certification in Health Information Management with active status membership in CHIMA (Canadian Health Information Management Association)
- Must maintain active membership and maintain 36 continuing education credits
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Health Information Management Knowledge/awareness of Health Information Management principles and legislation i.e. Mental Health Act, Public Hospitals Act, PHIPA, Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee, etc.
- Intermediate computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with Cerner
- Proficiency in Gateway and Discern Reporting preferred
- Ability to investigate and resolve problems, dealing with multiple levels of internal staff and external stakeholders in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and composition skills.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St Joseph’s Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph’s you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 14, 2023
Submission deadline: March 20, 2023
Michelle Robertson, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.