Clinical Receptionist Assistant, Family Medical Centre
- 1 position
Family Medical Centre
Family Medical Centre - London, ON
Need to be available to work day, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts. Shift times vary and can be between the hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm
The St. Joseph's Family Medical Centre was the first community-based Family Medical Centre in Canada. It was founded in 1969 as a partnership with the University of Western Ontario, St. Joseph's Hospital, and the College of Family Physicians of Canada. The St. Joseph's Family Medical and Dental Centre provides comprehensive health care with a patient-centered focus. Family medicine is delivered through active health promotion, ongoing supportive care and the active treatment of disease.
The Family Medical Centre requires a skilled Clinical Receptionist Assistant to work closely with the team to support the everyday operations of the clinic. The Clinical Receptionist Assistant enables improved patient flow and ensures continued quality for the unit by scheduling and registering patients, assisting with infection control and ensuring exam rooms and areas are stocked with necessary supplies and equipment. The Family Medical Centre CRA may be responsible for supporting patient care, entering clinical information on the patient file and reporting any pertinent findings to the team, as necessary.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Office Assistant certificate program
- Demonstrated computer experience with a basic level of knowledge in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, along with experience with Outlook
- Accurate keyboarding and spelling skills
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Previous experience with computerized patient care systems, computer order entry and data entry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment and decision-making skills to ensure all necessary information is collected as per individual circumstances
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work in a team setting, as well as independently
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Previous experience working with CERNER
- Previous experience working in primary care
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 14, 2023
Submission deadline: March 20, 2023
Michelle Robertson, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.