Registered Nurse, Cataract Suite
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Registered Nurse to join our inter-professional eye care team within the Cataract Suite of St. Joseph's Health Care London.
As an important member of the Cataract Suite team you will collaborate in providing care in our outpatient Cataract suite, a state of the art, purpose built ambulatory surgery day care unit where over 4000 patients and their families experience cataract surgery annually. The team of surgeons, anesthetists, nurses, clerical staff and anesthesia assistants work closely in this renowned ambulatory care suite providing high quality, compassionate outpatient surgical care while supporting our academic mandate via our Ophthalmology resident training program.
This position reports to the coordinator of the Cataract Suite.
It is understood that the hours of work reflect the current scheduling arrangements and are subject to change as determined by the Employer.
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Two years of recent surgical daycare experience and operating room experience within the last 5 years AND/OR successful completion of the O.R. course within the last 5 years
- Ophthalmology experience within past two years
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced out-patient environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently & within a team environment
- Demonstrated expertise in decision making, critical thinking and clinical problem-solving
- Self-directed individual with leadership abilities
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Demonstrated IV skills, used within the past two years
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 14, 2023
Submission deadline: March 20, 2023
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.