Unit Secretary, Rehabilitation
- 1 position
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
The Rehabilitation Program is seeking a motivated, self-directed and innovative individual to provide support to all components of the program through the administrative and clinical staff.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized medical secretarial certificate program
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Experience in a healthcare environment
- Demonstrated computer skills with Outlook and MS Office suite, including an intermediate level of knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent organization and time management skills to effectively provide support under specific timelines to all team members
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated customer focus as well as a positive and professional attitude toward assisting internal or external customers
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Ability to balance competing priorities and demands from multiple individuals
- Demonstrated experience with computerized timekeeping and staff scheduling as well as computerized patient care information systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with attention to detail towards grammar, spelling, proofreading and composition skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- 50 wpm typing speed
- Strong knowledge of Workbrain timekeeping/scheduling
- Strong knowledge of Cerner system with lab access
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 14, 2023
Submission deadline: March 20, 2023
Michelle Robertson, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.