Unit Secretary, Surgical Day Care
- 1 position
Surgical Day Care
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The primary responsibilities of the Nursing Unit Secretary in Surgical Day Care are facilitating communication between staff, patients and families on the unit, preparing patient charts, processing patient care orders, and maintaining integrity of the Health Record chart.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized medical secretarial or medical office assistant certificate program is required
- Minimum one year recent and related experience in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated accuracy in recording patient information and knowledge of Health Records requirements and chart preparation
- Strong clerical skills including keyboarding and data entry with a 40 wpm typing speed
- Demonstrated computer skills with Outlook and MS Office Suite, including an intermediate level of knowledge of Word and basic Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and composition skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated customer focus to assist internal and external customers
- Excellent organization and time management skills to effectively provide support to all team members
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with frequent disruptions
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands
- Detail oriented
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Previous experience with Surginet data entry and staff scheduling systems (ie. Workbrain)
- St Josephs Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Josephs you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 13, 2023
Submission deadline: March 19, 2023
Peter Kronenberg, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.