Medical Secretary, Geriatric Psychiatry Ambulatory Clinic
- 1 position
Geriatric Psychiatry Ambulatory Clinic
Parkwood Institute Mental Health Care - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
Temporary employment with full time hours until approximately October 30 2023, subject to the availability of work
An exciting opportunity exists for a Secretary position with the Geriatric Psychiatry Program. Reporting to the Coordinator Geriatric Mental Health Ambulatory Outreach, the position will support the South West Geriatric Psychiatry Ambulatory Clinic (GPAC) and the Geriatric Psychiatry Ambulatory program teams. Primary responsibilities include clinical/logistical coordination of clinical appointments/ regional clinics across the Southwest legacy LHIN catchment areas, organization of various meeting and regional events, agendas, minutes and room booking. As part of the Geriatric Medical Secretaries team the individual will be cross trained on key support functions to support vacation /coverage needs of the team
The position is scheduled to work weekdays.
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Secretarial diploma program
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment preferably in the area of mental health
- Demonstrated computer skills, an intermediate level of knowledge in Microsoft word and Excel
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and transcribing experience
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Experience in scheduling of clinical appointments/clinics
- Experience taking minutes, creating agendas, formatting reports and developing spreadsheets
- Familiarity with healthcare data bases
- Experience with Cerner Registration and Scheduling
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written as well as excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and composition skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to effectively provide support to clinical team, BSO Operations team and regional clients and stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated customer focus as well as a positive and professional attitude towards assisting internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of the technology required to organize hospital/regional /provincial meetings and educational events, webcasts, OTN, Skype.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 13, 2023
Submission deadline: March 19, 2023
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.