Registered Nurse, Palliative Care Unit
- 1 position
Palliative Care Unit
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
The Palliative Care program provides pain management and relief of symptoms to those experiencing life-threatening, progressive or terminal illness. An interdisciplinary team provides a palliative approach to care focusing on the physical, psychosocial, emotional and spiritual needs while remaining sensitive to the uniqueness of each individual.
The 18 bed Palliative Care Unit provides compassionate end of life care and pain and symptom management for individuals and their families.
- Valid registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid CPR certificate
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals Palliative Care course
- Registered to attend the CAPCE course and ability to successfully complete within 12 months
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Ability and commitment to act as a supervisor under OHSA
- Experience and knowledge of the nursing care needs of the palliative care patient
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and be able to work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated flexibility and organizational skills
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to apply and document the nursing process
- Demonstrated skill in physical and psychosocial assessment
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to apply effective body mechanics and meet the physical demands of the position
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 15, 2023
Submission deadline: March 21, 2023
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.