Stores Clerk, HMMS
- 1 position
Healthcare Materials Management - London, ON
HMMS is a joint venture between St. Joseph's Health Care, London and London Health Sciences Centre, that has been operating since 1997 providing consolidated functions of Sourcing, Contract Management, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Logistics, Supply Chain Systems and Inventory Management for the London Hospitals and numerous healthcare organizations throughout Southwestern Ontario.
As a full service supply chain organization, HMMS interacts with over 9,000 suppliers to provide an item catalogue of over 90,000 active items.
Learn more about HMMS through this short online video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uhi8PSwKTOI.
HMMS operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with Stores Clerks assigned to an offsite warehousing and distribution facility. Stores Clerks are primarily responsible for picking orders that are required by hospital customers.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Forklift Class 3 familiarity and successfully complete certification within one month of start date
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Health and physical condition consistent with heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, walking and standing
- Demonstrated organizational ability and self direction
- Previous experience in Inventory Control/Logistics
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 14, 2023
Submission deadline: March 20, 2023
Christine Davison, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.