Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist, Roth McFarlane Hand Therapy/WSIB Hand Therapy
- 1 position
Roth McFarlane Hand Therapy/WSIB Hand Therapy
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
An exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to work with a dynamic interdisciplinary team in the well-recognized Roth McFarlane Hand and Upper Limb Centre.
As a member of the Hand Therapy Clinic Team, the successful candidate will be a valued member caring for predominantly ambulatory patients with acute and/or complex musculoskeletal orthopedic conditions. Additionally, the candidate will also have opportunity to provide services for part of the WSIB specialty clinic team by conducting and will provide comprehensive assessments and treatment recommendations within the WSIB specialty clinic. Patients/workers in our programs present with conditions which include, but are not limited to tendon injuries/reconstructions, peripheral nerve injuries, fractures, and traumatic injuries to the upper extremity. In a supportive learning environment, the successful candidate would also participate in other opportunities such program development & evaluation, research activities, and student mentorship.
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Valid registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario or College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Minimum one (1) year clinical experience in an upper extremity program (hand, wrist, elbow & shoulder), with knowledge and experience of fabricating custom splints.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with musculoskeletal/neurological injuries with protocols
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with upper extremity assessment and implementation of treatment plans
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with static and dynamic splinting of the upper extremity
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) required to effectively liaise within the multi disciplinary Hand and Upper Limb Team
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- High degree of initiative, motivation and flexibility
- Excellent skills in report writing
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in research and program development & evaluation
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Specialized credentials in orthopaedics, hand therapy, and/or related field (Certified Hand Therapist, Masters of Science)
- Affiliation/membership with Canadian and/or American Society of Hand Therapists or other regional groups
- St. Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St. Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: March 17, 2023
Submission deadline: March 23, 2023
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.