Administrative Assistant, Ophthalmology
- 1 position
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
The Administrative Assistant provides confidential, functional, administrative support to Dr. Cindy Hutnik Chair/Chief of Ophthalmology and Department Administration including attendance, call schedules, OR schedules, Cataract Suite schedules and on-boarding of research students and observers. This role also provides support for accounts payable, expense accounts, account reconciliation, office operations, and liaison within and external to the organization. The Administrative Assistant manages the daily correspondence and appointments related to the administrative and academic accountabilities of the Chair/Chief as well as providing assistance to inquiries. This role also provides support to the Physician Leaders and Department Administration when managing confidential correspondence.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Community college 2-3 year diploma program in Office Administration
- Three to five years of experience working in an Administrative Assistant role preferably in a hospital setting
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated patient/customer service focus, including conflict management
- Proactive, positive and professional attitude; highly motivated and creative thinker
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to establish and balance competing priorities in a changing environment
- High level of initiative and self-direction required with proven problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in work
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of confidentiality
- Intermediate level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum typing speed of 50 WPM
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to acquire new knowledge and skills
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading
- research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Josephs, you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any
- future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid
- management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 22, 2023
Submission deadline: February 28, 2023
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.