Unit Secretary, Veterans Care Program
- 2 positions
Veterans Care Program
Parkwood Institute Main - London, ON
The Veterans Care Program assists war service Veterans whose daily functioning and health is affected by chronic illnesses as well as physical and mental health problems. You will provide quality care and work within a comprehensive interdisciplinary team to promote the health and well being and meet the social, emotional and spiritual needs of Veterans requiring substantial assistance with activities of daily living. We support Veterans to be as independent as possible and to reach their full capability within a safe environment. Families are key partners in our care team and are supported by the team to adjust and adapt to the changing needs of their family member.
Must be available to work both 8 hour and 12 hour shifts and be available for weekends.
Work assignment will be primarily on 5BS Surge Unit however could also be assigned to any of the Veterans Care units
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or recognized equivalent by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of medical secretarial certificate program
- Knowledge of a Safety Culture in a Health Care Setting in compliance with the OHSA
- Previous experience scheduling staff and working with payroll systems
- Experience in a healthcare environment
- Demonstrated computer skills with Outlook and MS Office Suite, including an intermediate level of knowledge of Word and Excel
- 40 wpm typing speed
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and composition skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated customer focus to assist internal and external customers
- Excellent organization and time management skills to effectively provide support to all team members
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands
- Detail oriented
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology
Teaching and Research
- Proficiency in French would be an asset
- Previous experience using a computerized scheduling system, e.g. Workbrain
- St Joseph's Health Care London through its affiliation with Western University and Fanshawe College is a leading research and teaching hospital. As an employee of St Joseph's you will be expected to engage in role related teaching and research activities in addition to any of your clinical duties
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: February 01, 2023
Submission deadline: February 07, 2023
Stacy Kearns, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.