Clinical Research Assistant, Department of Medicine - Division of Endocrinology & Metabolism
- 1 position
Department of Medicine - Division of Endocrinology & Metabolism
St. Joseph's Hospital - London, ON
Temporary Full Time
The successful candidate will work under the direction of Drs. Tamara Spaic and Selina Liu in the role of “Clinical Research Assistant” (RA). This position will assist the Division of Endocrinology & Metabolism in support of clinical research studies in diabetes and endocrinology at St. Joseph’s Hospital. The RA is responsible for the organization, administration and coordination of assigned clinical research tasks and the completion of documentation to ensure the quality and integrity of the study data. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to; providing data collection and entry support and database management, assisting with grant and Research Ethics Board applications and manuscript submissions, supporting various research study activities including meeting organization, onboarding of research trainees, and research team coordination. In addition, the RA will liaise with patients, physicians and healthcare workers, assist with study participant recruitment and maintain GCP standards in the management of clinical trial documentation
This position is a 5 day per week (37.5 hours per week), one-year contract with annual renewal based on grant-dependent funding.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field is preferred however equivalent qualification/ work experience will be considered
- Requires excellent interpersonal, supervisory and planning skills to work effectively in a high pressure environment and have the ability to deal with confidential matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to effectively communicate general and medical information both verbally and in writing at all levels
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Good judgement, initiative, tact and professional attitude in the workplace
- Adaptable, flexible and resourceful
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer skills that include Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Experience working in an academic/research environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting Training in ICH/GCP guidelines
- Familiarity with LHRI policies and procedures is an asset
- Familiarity with Lawson Research submissions (ReDA, LORA) and with Western Health Sciences Research Ethics Board (WREM) submissions is an asset
- Familiarity with REDCap is an asset
- Provide documentation you have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and a written commitment to follow any
- future Public Health recommendations and St. Joseph's Health Care London policies and processes related to Covid
- management in the workplace.
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing
Posting date: January 30, 2023
Submission deadline: February 05, 2023
Jennifer Pasichnyk, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.